For towing the caravan you need
- an experienced licensed driver 25+
- You will need competence and a suitable vehicle for towing.
- The Base Station caravan tare weight is 2800kg and towball weight 240kg. A vehicle with a 3000kg towing capacity and 250kg towball capacity is suitable. Vehicles capable of towing 3000kg+ are Toyota Landcruiser, Mitsubishi Pajero, Landrover Discovery, Jeep Commander and Nissan patrol. Check your manual to confirm.
- In NSW any load over 750kg requires a brake on the trailer http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/2005_10_towingtrailers.pdf
- To work with the Caravan your vehicle can have an electric brake controller fitted.
- We have a plug in electric brake controller which saves you having one installed on your car. If you require this there is a one off additional fee shown on the rates page.
What you need to bring
- 1 x queen sheet, up to 4 single sheets – if the beds are left dirty a $50 cleaning fee will apply
- Blankets/duvet or sleeping bags
All cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery, outside tables and chairs are included.